Sunday, June 17, 2007

Week #4 Thing #8 the beginning

I have reviewed both bloglines and Google Reader. I signed up for Google Reader since I already have several (now) accounts with Google. I tried to follow the link to "differences" between the two and it had nothing to do with either. Perhaps the live link has been edited to change the connection path. I see the potential for use of an RSS feed reader in many areas. I also see a possibility of the equivalent of spam (useless or inane information to wade through). I will have to review and study more carefully to select those that may be of most benefit. I am seeing some general categories that seem like they would be of use or interest to my students. After I learn more about RSS, perhaps I will be able to make knowledgeable selections and not need to wade through the useless items. At this moment I feel there is so much available, it will be hard to find what is truly of value. I am hoping to read in other blogs how others view the value of the RSS feeds. I am definitely open to comments.

Randy de Jong

I know enough to know I don't know enough.

No comments: