Sunday, June 24, 2007

Week #8 Thing #18 the Zoho experiment

I have explored part of Zoho Writer and found it easy to follow. I saw a link from SLL 2.0 that had a sample document. It mentioned being able to post on Blogger using Zoho Writer. I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I will cut and paste my document. I will also attempt to link my document from Zoho Writer to this blog. Will it work? I don't know, but when it is posted the proof will be in this blog entry (is this a new type of pudding?). I have read that earlier editions of documents can be recalled using Writer. there also seems to be a capability to save your work online and doing away with the need for a flash drive. It seems there is more exploring to do.

I attempted the link. It turned out to only allow me to email the document. I did open the document from the internet. It may solve problems for students at school because it will allow them to work on documents at home and school. this is important because my district does not allow flash drives, cds, or floppies brought from home to be opened on the school's computers. I attempted to use the link line above this post to connect the two documents but only liked to Zoho Writer and a blank document. The document can be located on the left side of the screen in the document archives. I have just discovered how to post from Zoho Writer. It should be on the following entry, I think!?!

Here is a copy of the document from the Zoho Writer:
This is my masterpiece using the word processor from Zoho. I should put something very exciting here. Think. Think.! Think.!? Well I thought and I thunk and I am still thunkthinking. I am anxious because I am waiting for a job to be posted officially but haven't seen it fly so far. I saw the original email (to all the librarians in my district from the person leaving the position), now I look at the district posting of open positions every day. I really don't want to miss the opportunity. Now to attempt to link this to my blog at Blogger, dejongsplace.

No comments: